February 11, 2010

Summer Wars !!! Delete all your appointments on 25Feb


After a year of waiting, FINALLY Summer Wars comes to our shores! And a year ago when it started screening in Japan, I held on a little hope that it will come to Singapore. I am basing it on that the previous movie 細田 守( Hosoda Mamoru ) made - "The girl who leapt through time" made it here, so there is the possibility that CATHY might screen this too. As I've always said - あきらめるな! 希望信じて! 何時か 願いをきっと 叶える!

And I hope "5 Centimeters per Second" will be shown here. But given the other 2 shows from 新海 誠 (Shinkai Makoto) (Voices of a Distant Star and Voices of a Distant Star) are not screened here(but at least the DVDs are available), I guess the odds aren't very high. But imagine the beautifully-animated backgrounds of the movies in big screens... it must be a visual feast!

Here is nothing...




Enjoy the trailer! (which I've been saving for a year!)




Another trailer! with song!




そして, もひとつ映画発見しました! It is another japanese movie, 3D though. 3D is supposed to be one step up from regular animation, but anyone would be hard-pressed to give any 3D examples that is better animated than regular 2D Anime-styled movies. The fluidity of the 2D, very strangely, is eerily lost. (Actually I shouldn't be giving all these comments as I don't know anything about animation, other than watching them :)


Yona Yona Penguin




Other upcoming movies to look out soon(hehe yes I am a martial-arts-flicks-junkie!!), and other youtube videos...



True Legend (now showing!)

haha am I mistaken? I thought I caught a glimpse of some hip-hop moves(which only in recent years, integrated into quite a lot of martial-arts-movies). Haven't seen Michelle Yeoh in action for a very long time now... and Jay Chou!




14Blades (now showing!)




Legendary Assassin (no news)




Bruce Lee Vs Jet Li




MERANTAU (no news)




Wushu 2009 (no news)

Wow a wushu competition. Although, I don't know all the actors(except for Sammo HUng), this movie looks pretty nice! It is so fast and furious, I wouldn't want to be there if the competitors' hands slip! Scary thought!




1 comment:

  1. Where Shinkai goes, Tenmon will follow and do music. As usual when Shinkai is in charge, the backgrounds always turn out to be beautiful

    ReplyDelete